is smough aldrich

December 6, 2020 in Uncategorized

maybe aldritch only turned crazy evil and all "eaty" after consuming smough? If he is a Lord of Cinder then he should be a fair amount more powerful than the Gwyndolin we knew. The cathedral where the Chosen Undead once fought Ornstein and Smough is now home to Aldrich, Devourer of Gods. About the armour thing, you could say that if you canonically kill smough first he doesn’t actually disappear in that white mist and instead ornstein just sucks the large out of him. I'd like to highlight these points and expand further on them. AFTER you beat Aldrich. What kind of arc is that? So they're both cannibals, but they're so very different in their ways. Doesnt aldrich also get abilities from people he eats? He is a cannibal. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. He falls back into cannibalism or maybe he never stopped, but never the less he becomes more and more powerful. I think the idea was to show a parralell between the 2 characters as they both ate people in some way and acted as muscle/executioner's for there respective factions. I think the best thing about DS3 is the vague holes in the story, and if this is your head cannon then I say more power to you in it; I've certainly had some off the wall theories that I choose to keep as my story and I have all the respect for someone who does the same. What do I mean by that? Also, Smough was known for grinding up and eating the bones of his victims, not their flesh. There are two things people point at to prove this theory. Smough's Armor is a Chest Armor in Dark Souls 3.It is part of the Smough's Set.. Grotesque armor associated with Smough, the last knight to stand in defense of the ruined cathedral. He began to lose form and as time passed he gave up the name Smough the Executioner and became Aldrich, Saint of the Deep just as his Weapon description seems to hint at since it says "his past as an executioner". Now if you didn't know already Spoiler: and there are hints that show up before you even discover this one is the appearance of Silver Knights in a chapel with images of Gwynevere, and in this very chapel: Smough's Greathammer. Smough's Helm is a Helm in Dark Souls 3. The Aldrich / Smough connections are very peculiar but were also very iffy. Maybe Smough's soul has echoes, like Seath or Artorias? - Page 2. iirc you can't say smough didnt survive when ornstien clearly did and travelled to arch dragon peak to find the king. Killing a comrade in arms simply to gain lightning buff is a very evil act. I was going to say the aldrich faithful covenant also is a covenant that invades others at that area. It doesn’t try to hide shit. The souls wishing to be reborn transform him into the being known as aldritch with a new twisted mind and body Smough and the lord souls are reborn as is the cycle. The reason you get smoughs armor is most likely just fan service. Would love to see thoughts! If we were to assume that the old woman employs thieves, staying intimately familiar with the dealings of the Ashen One and sending out thralls to collect the scraps on the battlefield once it's safe, then it's possible one of these thralls simply discovered Smough's discarded armor in the room where he died. The Pontiff (Sulyvhan) locked up Aldrich long ago with Gwyndolin in that room (the same room where you fought Dragonslayer Ornstein and Smough in DS1). In addition, Aldrich is specifically described as a cleric or saint who was born in Irithyll. When you defeat Aldrich, Smough's set becomes available for purchase from the Shrine Handmaid. The beautiful city that once had a glowing sunlight is now dark. Smough/Aldrich try to move on with his new life, but his old pleasures continually pull at him and finally, he can’t take it anymore. Your theory is certainly plausible, but I would personally disagree with it. You will face him in Anor Londo, in the same chamber you once fought Ornstein and Smough. For which sounds less threatening? This isn’t definitive or anything but I’m 80% sure that if Aldrich really was Smough there would be an item description saying something like “Aldrich was once an executioner in service of the Gods”. Twisted great Hammer associated with Smough, the last knight to remain at his post, guarding the ruined cathedral. In the same room where Ornstein and Smough were formerly fought, the player must face Aldrich, Devourer of Gods, in order to obtain his power and return it to Firelink Shrine. However Aldrich and Smough have different names, which makes the theory iffy, and Aldrich is a cleric not an executioner. A community dedicated to everything about Dark Souls 3. If all this is one enormous coincidence I'll eat my hat. One is that both had a habit of eating people in some way. Also, DS3 is super obvious whenever it calls back to DS1. 4 years ago. Both of them eat people, both of them have a strong connection to the gods, and both are in royal/noble positions. We know for a fact that Aldrich had to leave his coffin in the Cathedral of the Deep to go to Anor Londo, and when we go to fight him he hasn't even finished devouring Gwyndolin. Which would you want to ally yourself with? Again I have no proof or backing its just a way left field idea. Others say he's just a new character made solely for this game. That alone, imo, is enough for me to believe they're two very distinct people (one of whom is already long dead, too). Aldrich is a Shard of Smough's Soul. It's not exactly stated when Smough died. It feels as though there is a disconnect in the fantasy when it comes to boss armors on the vendor - namely, how does the old woman keep collecting the armors? Smough's power grew as he consumed the bodies and souls of men and other creatures. He probably died to the Chosen Undead in DS1, being a required boss and all. Also, there happens to be a magic using man in the Dark Souls comic that came out this week named Aldrich. Ornstein is the captain of the Four Knights of Gwyn Lord of Cinder, serving alongside Artorias the Abysswalker, Lord's Blade Ciaran, and Hawkeye Gough.As his name would suggest, he was an honorary dragon slayer. Also, you find Smough's Great Hammer in a chest next to Ornstein's Leo Ring in Irithyll, in that room that contains other pilfered treasures from Anor Londo's prime. Anor Londo was created by Gwyn, ruler of the gods, to consolidate his power after ushering in the Age of Fire. Aldrich probs consumed Smough since Aldrich was a cleric before. Soon he starts to having these visions from the souls he is absorbing through his cannibalism. He became a Lord of Cinder and linked the First Flame, "not for virtue, but for might. -Smough begins eating away at the gods and becoming powerful and a major threat. All in all, there's not enough concrete evidence to confirm or deny Aldrich's identity. I have no idea how likely it is, but enough seems to make sense for it to be a possibility. But I'd like to ask, why do we get Smoughs armor only after killing Aldrich, similar to how you get certain boss armies after killing bosses? -The lord souls always find a new host and are reborn (DS2) but smough being alone with no challenge as no one other then the player character has reached that point of power. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Suppose with Ornstein gone, Smough was left out of check and began forming his own following being the most powerful being in the kingdom at the time perhaps even creating a covenant while he was at it. So Smough survives being killed in DS1 (illusion or whatever I guess). Boasts extremely high defense and can be donned by humans, but not without great difficulty. The other is that when you kill Aldrich the handmaid starts selling Smough’s set. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Crazy man eater suddenly becomes more clever, Gwyn is revealed to be an illusion so there's a religious vacuum. Depending on the order you killed them, his very body was absorbed by the illusion of Ornstein. Smough's Leggings is a Legging in Dark Souls 3.It is part of the Smough's Set.. Grotesque armor associated with Smough, the last knight to stand in defense of the ruined cathedral. Yet another piece of evidence against this theory lies within the description of Pontiff Sulyvahn's Soul. Notes and Tips. Why did he become a cleric?Why did he change his name? We, as the Chosen Undead, probably kill Smough in DS1, with Ornstein being an illusion. Or at least that’s what it looks like based off of Aldrich’s path and location. He is a cannibal. Boasts extremely high defense and can be donned by humans, but not without great difficulty." Nameless King is the dude riding the bird. Imo the O&S fight really happened in DS1 (because making it an illusion cheapens it). You kill the deacon holding the doll and Anri and Horace who were hunting him find that he wasn't at the tomb after you kill him and move on through the catacombs and eventually Irithyll to find him. It was then that he was made into a lord of cinder and he was sealed in the tomb in cathedral of the deep. In the opening cinematic, it is shown that Aldrich has become an expansive sludge of maggoty black rotten flesh and humanity dregs, filled with both his own bones and the bones of those he consumed.By the time the player reaches him, he will be inert and spread across the floor, using the weapons and malformed body of Gwyndolin to interact and attack. You've got some great points there! Seems like there's a lot of mysteries surrounding him. Now, you could argue that Smough was in the Anor Londo cathedral, but I don't think that's possible due to the resurrections of the lords of cinder. Cookies help us deliver our Services. He commanded zero respect before he got his ass handed to him. He began to lose form and as time passed he gave up the name Smough the Executioner and became Aldrich, Saint of the Deep just as his Weapon description seems to hint at since it says "his past as an executioner". The issue is that it just doesn’t fit a coherent narrative. Slay gods and gain their strength. Eventually he ate so many people and became so fat he go incredibly large and upon eating more people devolved into sludge. Of course, that's not the same as Aldrich's doing, but nonetheless, that bastard is evil. I've seen it mentioned somewhere but I don't know if there is any actual proof backing up the theory. The real Smough and Ornstein seemed to have survived the events of Dark Souls 1, however Ornstein left his post to go after his king as his armor suggests. Your character in DS1 has already absorbed his soul. Now granted, we are very far past the events of ds1, and it is possible for Smough to have worked his way back up the ranks, but it seems more likely his name would carry an air of disgrace. Good Rebuttal! Also, Smough was known for grinding up and eating the bones of his victims, not their flesh. There is a way via Anri storyline if you choose not to follow the hollow story where Anri will summon you into her fight with Aldrich and you help her kill him and find that he has devoured gwyndolin and stolen Priscilla's lifedrain ability. the deacons of the deep worshipped him and knew he'd one day awaken as he did to flee he duty and decided he would take up eating gods instead of men. If Smough devoured Gwyndolin, the change in tactics would be accounted for. In the intro it says Aldrich ate so many people that he turned into a blob, so he wasn't always that way. Smough is devourer of suns and gods and burgers. When you kill Aldrich, Smough's entire set becomes available for purchase in Firelink Shrine. So how do you explain that Aldrich is wearing Gwyndilins crown and using his Moonlight arrows? So I've been thinking about the Identity of Aldrich, Saint of the Deep/Devourer of Gods. Aldrich, on the other hand, was regarded as a respected individual before he went Hannibal on everyone. Aldrich was once a holy cleric hailing from the city of Irithyll with a craving for human flesh. Grotesque armor associated with Smough, the last knight to stand in defense of the ruined cathedral. In DS1 Anor Londo’s cathedral isn’t ruined yet, which places this event closer to DS3. :), Supplements his meals with murdered enemy bones, ground into dust, Isn't one of the official Four Knights, although is considered a knight according to the item description in DS3, Big focus on magic crystal spells and fire spells, Made a Lord of Cinder because he became so powerful after eating so many people, not due to virtue or purity, But overall, I disagree with your theory because it rests on the following-, Both Aldrich and Smough are big and scary and powerful. He starts the fight in the exact same place and position as Smough. He starts the fight in the exact same place and position as Smough. Smough's Armour Set is extremely heavy, although it makes up for it with the high resistances and damage absorption. Thus being watchful protectors of the cathedral itself. -He returns to his post at Anor Londo alone with no gods or anyone to protect and as the more powerful souls eat away at him he leaves his old self (his armor and what it stood for as a protector and sort of knight) and as time contorts and twist so do the souls within him. I'd argue they just acknowledged the parallels and used it as an excuse to toss in the Smough armour. Now I don't know if anyone has made this connection but I feel as though I should explain myself a bit. This is connects with another interesting theory from Dark Souls 1 which was Smough and Ornstein are illusions created by Gwyndalion as is everything else in Anor Londo. Or dreams of or sees or whatever? His followers would offer him beings of power. I had not previously encountered either of these theories and I like them both. There’s a simple explanation for why we get Smough’s armour from the maiden after killing Aldrich- Aldrich ate Smough. Recovers HP from critical attacks. Ok my brain is firing off some thoughts on this, I don't agree with the idea but I'd really great if it were true. There’s a simple explanation for why we get Smough’s armour from the maiden after killing Aldrich- Aldrich ate Smough. DS1/DS2) maybe in this timeline Smough becoming more powerful and hungry leads him on a quest much like the player character. I am high as fuck but I like the way this plays out in my head. Plot. I like this theory. As for Smough's armor - this is a place where you do have a good point, however I would point out a few things here. Doesn't an item description name him as a priest though? So then when aldrich came across anor londo he found smoughs corpse and had a nom, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the DarksoulsLore community, Press J to jump to the feed. Smough's gear doesn't say he was the last line of defense against Aldrich specifically, just that he was the last one there. It is part of the Smough's Set.. Grotesque armor associated with Smough, the last knight to stand in defense of the ruined cathedral. Lore regarding Smough. Smough is sadist, besides, if you defeat Ornstein first Smough will finish him off. It could be that, having consumed Smough, Aldrich's death also marks the deaths of Smough and Gwyndolin. At some point I like to think after eating the first lords of his timeline he went to challenge Gwyn but obviously they have some sort of relationship and either he was defeated or couldn't bring himself to fight Gwyn. He was called a priest - which is generally considered to be a high ranking position akin to that of Knight itself. After killing Aldrich, Smough’s armor is able to be purchased, suggesting someone attuned with Smough was eaten by Aldrich. Smough defended Anor Londo against Aldrich and Sulyvahn but was killed and eaten. He gained much strength and was transformed into an aberration of black sludge and bones resembling ribcages. I think Smough really died, but when Anor Londo was brought back through the convergence, several of its inhabitants came back with it, including Smough. Aldrich wears no armor, fights differently, and seems to have a much more grandiose purpose in mind in relation to the Deep.

Main Street Dennis, Ma For Sale, Fisher Price Museum Online, Nuclear Deterrence Theory, 7 Rings Roblox Id, What Is An Effective Teacher Pdf, Erp Business Process Flow,